Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"BIBLE READINGS AND RAMBLING THOUGHTS"

 
Good Morning to All!



Our “Prayer Connect” group at church is studying the book of Matthew this month. I was just reading chapter 8 where Jesus healed so many people, and cast out devils putting them into swine.



He did ALL OF THIS for these people, yet they begged Him to leave their city. Now that is gratitude for you, isn't it? That is so sad. I guess I will never understand the nature of human beings. We allow such nasty spirits to override the good ones. I know that is “human nature”, but it is also something we must work to overcome.



The Bible tells us that it will be this way in the last days. It seems to me that KNOWING this, it would make us strive to be BETTER people. We have an advantage that the people in Biblical times (or before) didn't have. We have God's written Word. We know what is suppose to happen, so why in the world don't we try and make this a better place? I truly believe that is what God would want us to do. We have His written instructions and if we would follow them, just think about how much better everyone would get along, and live. I know we are not perfect. God knows this as well, but He says we are to “strive” to be perfect as He is perfect. This to me would include be grateful to others for what they do.



Jesus did so much for these people, yet he was asked to leave. It makes me wonder if the people he helped stood up for him and said, “no, he needs to stay”. I rather doubt it. People tend to “go along with the crowd”. That doesn't say much for us now does it. We do the same thing today. Oh, there is a small remnant of Christians that will stand up, but really, if we truly love God as we say we do, we would stand up and speak on His behalf. We would want to make sure to get His Word out. We would not allow anyone to squelch the Spirit of God from spreading throughout the land. We would embrace it and do what we could to increase it. We would welcome Him with an open heart and mind, and not be scared of the wondrous things we see happening.



The thing is, we must be full of God's Word, we must know it because we can be deceived. The devil can do things and make us THINK that it is from God, so we must be aware of the truth. We must NOT BE DECEIVED.



I enjoy the book of Proverbs. We just finished studying that book, but I was reading in my devotional book in Chapter 22:24-25 which says “Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go; lest thou learn his ways and get a snare to thy soul.



In other words if we associate with people who are not so nice, who cause trouble or are a negative influence to those around them, we will begin to act just like them. That is why God tells us to stay away from these type of people and gravitate toward godly people, and people with good spirits. I used to think that if I associated with troubled people, that my good thoughts and actions would rub off on them. Unfortunately, that was not the case. It was I who started acting like them. My husband quickly pointed these problematic attitudes out to me and I had to leave this “friend” behind for the sake of my own soul and husband. 

Something else we might think about.  Children learn what they live.  If we as adults are bad influences to others, then what are our children going to be?   



I hope this didn't sound like the ramblings of an old woman, with a scattered brain, but these are just a few of my thoughts from my readings this beautiful morning.

Just so you know, I have no idea why those words were made into links.  I tried to get rid of them but couldn't figure out how.  I do apologize and will try and figure it out so it won't happen again.



Have a Wonderful Day and MAY GOD BLESS!





Share/Bookmark

No comments: